Guruphiliac: Look Into My Light <i>(As I Lighten Your Wallet)</i>



Friday, February 23, 2007

Look Into My Light (As I Lighten Your Wallet)

File under: Gurubusting, Hands Where They Don't Belong and Satscams

Tilak, he of fake siddhis used to attract cash and a harem fame, is the subject of a recent investigation by Channel 10 News of San Diego, California. Seems like the lanky Sri Lankan has set up shop at the beach in Encinitas. Some folks do not seem too happy about it:
"I think if it was 150 years ago, this would be the guy who would come to your town and try to sell you snake oil as a miracle cure," said attorney Jim Bush.
True, but in Tilak's case, you don't get to take home anything other than the sneaking suspicion that you've been had. And definitely don't let him get anywhere near your daughter:
Tipton said what turned the tables completely was how Tilak treated her then 15-year-old daughter, Tessa.

“He offered to take her under his wing, to be a spiritual guide to her for the next three years," said Tipton.
Watch out, young thangs! Getting taken under Tilak's "wing" may result in your awakening to your maternal potential well before anything spiritual can happen.

But in the end, it's all about the light... a little bitty flashlight, that is:
"As I got up from the bed, looked down on the floor, there was a little plastic light, about this big," said Rafael.
And that says just about everything you need to know about Tilak.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Cosmic Connie said...

Watch out, Jody, that Tilak fan who attacked me on my blog the other day might come after you with some curse words! :-)

When will people ever learn?!?

 
At 2/24/2007 3:31 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

that Tilak fan who attacked me on my blog the other day might come after you with some curse words!

Eh. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home