Murders At Ammachi's Matt?
File under: Gurubusting, Amma All-Over-The-Planet and Ammachi's Imagegate
Our recent posts on Ammachi's Imagegate have turned up some pretty interesting information as of late. Like, did you know there was a hard-hitting biography written about Amma in 1985? It wasn't such a big deal until she went big-time. At that point, author Sreeni Pattathanam had to start worrying about protecting his own life from Ammabots. Especially given the fact that at least five deaths have occurred under mysterious circumstances at her ashram:
Some of deaths which the author alleges as murders at the matt are:Yo, cuzz! It seems some of them Ammabots mean serious bidness. And apparently, being related to the Mother of the Universe is quite a dangerous thing in her house.
1. The suicide of Subhagan alias Sunilkumar, brother of Amrithananda Mayi. The author alleges that Subhagan was beaten to death for opposing the activities of his sister.
2. Vellappillil Narayanan Kutty of Kodungallur, an inmate of the Amrithanandamayi Ashram, died on April 4, 1990, due to internal hemorrhage as per postmortem report. He was an employee of Government Bureau of Economics and Statistics, Trichur, Kerala. (The New Indian Express, April 19, 1990, Kochi, Kerala, India and Janayugam a Malayalam daily April 22, 1990).
3. Pradeep Kumar, a relative of Amrithananda Mayi, died on August 16, 1994 under mysterious circumstances.
4. Rumdhur, a historian and inmate of the ashram, died on July 15, 2000 within the precincts of the ashram. The ashram authorities did not intimate his death to his friends or his relatives.
5. Ramanatha Iyer of Mumbai allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the 12th floor of Amrithanandamayi Math at Vallikkavu on September 5, 2001. (The New Indian Express, September 6, 2001, Kochi, Kerala)
We wonder what else will turn up as a result of Amma's recent money-grubbing moves to sell herself to the world. As always, all tips will remain strictly confidential.