Guruphiliac: The "Hug" That Killed A Blog



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The "Hug" That Killed A Blog

File under: Amma All-Over-The-Planet, Gurubusting and The Siddhi of PR

For the supreme Goddess of the Universe, Ammachi seems somewhat overly concerned with her less-than-glowing online press, because it appears that Blogger has pulled the plug on the Cult of the Hugging Saint blog. Gurubuster Bronte Baxter contacted the author this morning to inform him that his site got disappeared:
Thank you SO MUCH for e-mailing me this. I had no idea there was anything wrong with the site. Now I see that the site has been completely removed. It is deleted entirely from the web and even when I log into my Blogger account, it does not show in my account. I am very upset about this and cannot imagine how this could have happened. I suspect foul play. There is no way to get in touch with Blogger, but there was an option that said "Restore a blog that I accidentally deleted". I am hoping that by submitting this, someone will get in touch with me and/or restore the blog. I know that I didn't accidentally delete it because I hadn't even logged in recently other than to post the last post that I posted.

The only other thing I can figure is that somehow the blog was reported for a bogus "terms of use violation" of some sort. Like if they tried to claim "hugging saint" was copyrighted or libelous or something and then Blogger removed it. I can't imagine that...and it sounds pretty far fetched. I wouldn't put anything past her organization. The reason why I think it is something like that is because I can still log into my blog account. Besides, they would have had to hack my actual computer to get the login and password for blogger.
Is Ammachi really so petty as to squash what amounts to a mere drop in the ocean of manic devotion to her? We'll let you know as soon as we hear just who it was who hugged the Cult of the Hugging Saint to death.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8/01/2008 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still want to see Ammachi cut off your boils and shove 'em up yer icehole!!! She has the siddhi of making blogs disappear - I wonder what else?

 
At 8/01/2008 11:46 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

She has the siddhi of making blogs disappear

Except this one.

 
At 8/01/2008 11:50 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

the woman sounds totally nuts!

She's certainly on another side of the fence, but someone's got to do it. If I can have ads for Sri Sri on my site, I can tolerate a little linked-to wackiness as well.

 
At 8/02/2008 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodi, who is totally nuts? You mean Amma? She is quite harmless compared to the likes of Scumbag SSRS.

Amma may have fanatical followers doing crazy stuff. This doesn't make her "nuts". I am not her follower.

 
At 8/02/2008 12:57 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

who is totally nuts?

I didn't say anyone is totally nuts. Someone suggested Bronte might be. And while I can't get on board with some of her ideas, she's been a friend of this blog and always lucid and coherent in our communication. Who am I to question a person's hobbies, unless they involve claims of special divinity or are polluting the spiritual landscape with occluding notions about nondual truth.

 
At 8/06/2008 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was ammas org that got into the blog and removed it. this is exactly the type of thing that will prevent the truth getting out. they do this all the time. its amazing the amount of power this woman has. everything gets covered up. there are probably devotees leaping from the ashram roof as i write this. no one will ever investigate. no one will ever question. when will it end?

 
At 8/08/2008 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You block every comment I write although none of them are slanderous, violent or disrespectful. The only comments you are posting are those who basically agree with you. way to promote free-speech Jody!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home