Guruphiliac: A Good Devotee



Friday, April 14, 2006

A Good Devotee

File under: Real True Gurus

Recently we've come to have some great discussions with Antarananda, a devotee of Paramhamsa Nithyananda and a calm and eloquent defender of the guru tradition as it exists in its native milieu. Today we discovered his blog and found this highly refined truth:
Surrender to Guru Process.
Don't be subservient to guru personality.
Be available to Guru Process.
Don't be attached to guru personality.
Antarananda has brought an adjustment to our way of seeing things. We find that to be one of the net's little miracles, the opportunity to grow by exposure to another person's viewpoint online.

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2007 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what Sri Antarananda said is right. "Surrender to the guru process". There is really nothing wrong with it.

I never had any respect for any saffron clad sanyasi. To me, they were real goons resorting to all evils under the cover of saffron. Or evil men resorting to minting money by fooling innocent people.

In September, I went to the ashram just because my parents bundled me off to attend their classes. I just felt trapped. And I went blaming Nithyananda for my plight.

There is a meditation on darkness and it is done in the night. I found it extremely difficult to to meditate on darkness. Why not try the other way around? Will I be able to stay awake if I centre my thoughts on the Guru. After all, they have been telling us all along that he is the centre of energy. I would take on the role of Ganesha, rather than be subramaniya. Truly it worked. There was a very strange feeling as if huge amounts of energy flowed within. At 4 a.m., I found everybody collapsing into their beds in the dormitory. But I was fresh and ready for the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home