Guruphiliac: TM™'s Stinky PR



Thursday, October 11, 2007

TM™'s Stinky PR

File under: Gurubusting, Satscams, The Siddhi of PR and Wackadoo Gurus

Observe the TM™ PR machine bend the facts to provide another glorification of their product:
The principal of an American public high school in San Francisco, California has been awarded the prestigious title 'Principal of the Year'. The award was presented following a nationwide competition encompassing principals from 30,000 schools. The winning principal attributed his success to the fact that his students and faculty practise Transcendental Meditation, with daily group meditations held during school hours. The comprehensive benefits of the Transcendental Meditation Programme for students at all levels of education have been extensively documented by scientific research.

Applauding the principal's achievement, Dr John Konhaus, Raja (Administrator) of the Global Country of World Peace in California, commented that his success would pave the way for the introduction of Consciousness-Based Education throughout California.
So, the guy who just won Principal of the Year doesn't get mentioned by name, but the asshole who thinks he's the king of California does?

As it turns out, there is a principal from San Francisco who did win this award. His name is Jim Dierke, and he's been doing some wonderful things with his middle school students, many of whom are victims of post-traumatic stress disorder because they live in the very tough Bayview district of the City. But hell if we could find any quotes from Jim attributing any of his success to TM™. Not a one.

This all kinda reeks of some serious desperation at the home office in Holland. We understand. There's just not much to hope for in TM™ after 40-plus years of a continuous failure to meet their own expectations.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10/15/2007 8:15 AM, Blogger CHUCK said...

Jody, this is somethin I posted over at the TM Free blog about canadian TMers bein nicer than american TMers. Since everybody knows just how borin Maharishi is and is not replyin to this thing, I thought I would replicate it here!

Sudarsha said...I live in Canada. Canadians are reputed to be very polite.
.................

What you have said about Canadians has reminded me of somethin that happened to me on a vacation in the NW of the UsofA a few years ago. I pulled up to a 4 way stop sign just about the same moment as two cars from Canada and one from New York. I’m from Dime Box, East Texas! Of the 4 of us the New Yorker was like the last of a set of quadruplets to be born, ie small, angry and destined to suck the hind tit for life! So of course just like the Bible says, “the first shall be last” so this bastard takes off before any of the rest of us. Me, bein a Texan which is still part of the South, I was raised to be polite, so I wave on the Canadian to my right but he won’t move, nor will the one to my left because bein Canadians they was raised to be nicer! It got to be kind of a vicious stand off, with none of us willin to go first. I was gesturin for these Canadian geese to go back north where they belonged but these guys wouldn’t even gesture back, havin probably been taught that gesturin is not polite! It was startin to get nasty and I was just about to pull my plastic shotgun from my plastic gun rack when somebody else drove up to the vacated stop sign. This fella was from Oregon, saw what was unfoldin, turned up his nose at all of us and just went on through, which broke the spell!

In this parable which really happened, the new yorker was like the rich new yorkers I knew in the movement: cut throat, able and willin to buy enlightenment at any price, screw the peasants! The canadians were like canadian TMers I knew, too nice to be real, never havin good experiences but plodding on, loyal right down to their knotted guts! I represent the noble Texan meditator, willin to take a lot of horse shit for a while but finally prepared to pull a gun and blast my way out of the movement! Which is what I did and as far as I can tell, I remain unmissed!

 
At 10/15/2007 8:31 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

this is somethin I posted over at the TM Free blog

So that's where you've been, two-timing us over at another blog! ;)

 
At 10/15/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger CHUCK said...

Naw Jody, not really. I rarely say a word over at the TM Free blog because those fellas are so polite I stick out like a pig shit on melba toast. If I have been quiet of late it is mainly because of 4 occurances in my so called life! Number one is that Chuck JR’s momma has made me paint her double wide inside and out before the start of weather. This made my own momma jealous and I had to do the same for her even though Chuck JR and his heavily made up and pregnant ex-hooker of a wife are both livin in the same d wide with momma! I have been bunkin in the mule shed for quite some time which has no electricity and recently I got up to take a leak when the moon was down, fell over a bale of hay and sprung my thumb and one of my two typin fingers. Since I type, eat and wipe my ass all with the same one hand, life has become complicated! To add to the weight of all this, my mule, Da Free Jack has taken on some of the affectations of a guru and is continually upbraidin me for wipin and eatin with that same hand! Thus is the present life of this humble son of the soil! I invite the sincere prayers of my fellow guruphiliacs!

 
At 10/15/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Da Free Jack has taken on some of the affectations of a guru and is continually upbraidin me for wipin and eatin with that same hand!

Damn, Chuck! Life sure is tough in Dimebox.

 
At 10/15/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger CHUCK said...

You are correct, sir! It's especially hard for a man to be shunned in his own shed!

 
At 10/25/2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so Jody, the self proclaimed king of california is an asshole just because that?? What does that make you, king of the assholes?

 
At 10/25/2007 6:32 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

What does that make you, king of the assholes?

I'll take the crown if you're handing them out.

But really, anyone silly enough to be serious about being the king of California needs a head check.

So maybe he's not an asshole, but only because not all wackadoos are assholes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home